Name: Nikolai Lucien Death-Reign-Matashina
Nickname: Nik
Alias: Nick Colby
Species: Dhampir (vampire-shapeshifter)

" Blood Makes you Related; Loyalty Makes You Family."

Mother - Hope Death-Reign-Matashina
Father - Halver Colby  
Maternal Grandmother - Cassandra Blake/ Cass
Maternal Grandfather - Ajax Matashina ( through blood)
Paternal Grandmother - Deceased, Sheild Maiden named Arna.
Paternal Grandfather - Loki.
Uncles - Marcus Death, Matthew Matashina, Roman, Romal.
Aunts - Destiny Death, Enya Matashina
Maternal Cousins - Mori Death, Octavian Death.

" I'm not perfect; I'm original. "

Nik is young, and with that youth comes cockiness and arrogance. However, his charm and cheeky demeanour make him more of a loveable rogue than an arrogant asshole like his predecessors. He is nowhere near as cold or as serious as his mother would appear or would like him to be. He's mischievous and even a bit of a prankster when he can get away with it and even when he can't.

He seems friendlier than the Deaths would be known for, but trust still has to be earned before someone is considered a friend.

He isn't as braggadocious about his family's infamous name as past generations. Only those who know him and his family would know his true identity as a Death. Otherwise, he goes by his father's name Colby for anonymity, given the targets he and his family have on their backs.

He enjoys the nightlife of Saints City and isn't afraid to look for trouble with his cousins when bored. However, he is very protective of Mori, his half-human cousin, who is more like a sister to him and tends to take the blame whenever they get into trouble. His family is everything to him, and although he would be the first one to call his family out on its shit, he would defend them with his life as they would for him.

Having been schooled by his mother and their allies, Nik excels in his studies because of his photographic memory. However, despite being capable, he pays little attention to things he finds uninteresting. He'd much rather learn by doing instead of reading.

He is a good ally to have on your side as he is a man of his word but still a Death by name and by blood. To make an enemy of him would be a deadly mistake because, as a Death, he wasn't taught mercy.

"Appearance is something absolute, but the reality is not that way. "

Human Form

Height: 6 Feet 3 Inches
Weight: 240lbs
Skin Tone: Fair, almost passes for a human tone, although he still seems slightly pale to be natural.
Frame: Broad shoulders
Hair: Short and tight sandy blonde hair that, when grown longer, has a natural wave.
Facial Hair: He is usually clean-shaven.
Eyes: He shares his mothers' shocking teal eyes.
Clothes: Prefers jeans, shirts and leather jackets, suede, fur with jeans and a pair of boots.
Other: Wears a Shuriken throwing star in a leather cord around his neck.

Wolf Form

Eyes: Remain the same colour
Coat: Smooth and long
Colour: A blend of blonde and brown. It shares similar colouring to a yellow wolf.
Height: Can vary to his liking; ordinarily, he will appear 5ft 4 inches to remain in the form as long as possible.
Weight: Like the height, it can vary depending on the size of the wolf he wishes to be.

Ferruginous Hawk

Size: Like his wolf form, he can adjust his size at will, but ordinarily, in this form, he is about 21 inches long.
Eyes: Appear bright yellow
Feathers: Striking white underpart with rusty coloured upperpart, legs, and a pale head.
Beak: the maxilla is yellow, and the tip is black.
Feet: Yellow with large talons.

" We all have ability; The difference is how we use it. "

Dhampir Physiology: Nikolai has many of the vampire advantages and few of their weaknesses. He needs to ingest blood (about once a week), but the results of not feeding are far less severe than what happens to vampires. He will not die if he does not ingest blood, but he will be weaker, affecting his capability to shapeshift.
He will not have the same thirst as a vampire, but if he has been injured or physically pushed, he will need to feed.

Fangs: Dhampirs can grow a pair of fangs from their mouths, which they use to feed. Their fangs will occasionally come out and extend when they feed, are aroused by the scent of blood, or feel intensely threatened or angered,

Superhuman Senses:
the power of superior physical senses compared to humans.

Superhuman Speed: can run and move at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete. He can also accelerate their movements to cover short distances in an instant, faster than the human eye can see

Superhuman Agility: possesses superhuman agility. His agility, balance and coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. He can leap several feet into the air and move, jump, climb, flip, and run at breakneck speeds without difficulty or exhaustion.

Heartbeat Regulation: He has the power to regulate his heartbeat, speeding it up, slowing it or stopping it outright.

Enhanced strength: He has enhanced strength and reflexes due to his vampire heritage.

Enhanced Eidetic Memory: He has perfect memory recall, cannot forget, and is developmentally at a rate far faster than their chronological and biological age, speaking in complete sentences and walking just days after birth. Their minds are often called "vaults" in which they store all their information permanently, regardless of how far such memories recede into the past.

Sunlight Immunity: Although deadly to vampires, sunlight does not affect Nikolai because of his parent's lineage.

Silver Resistance: Silver will not kill and is not toxic to Nikolai in most cases.

Shapeshifting: changing his form and appearance at will. He has preferred forms, such as a wolf and hawk. But he can transform into any living creature, including other animals, and even impersonate other people.

Regenerative Healing Factor:
Nikolai's accelerated healing ability allows him to heal mild to moderate injuries faster and more efficiently than ordinary humans. He can recover from severe slashes and punctured wounds within a matter of minutes to hours, depending on the severity of the injury. However, he is not able to regenerate missing limbs or organs. After being broken, he can snap their finger bones back into place and has been seen to fully recover from gunshots, stab wounds, and torso impalement after a few minutes.

Eternal Life: Due to his Vampire heritage, Nikolai does not age. However, when he was born, his age accelerated until his body reached adulthood, when he ceased to age and could potentially live forever. Once he stopped ageing, he became immune to all conventional illnesses, diseases, viruses and infections, including a werewolf/lycan bite.

" Excellence is not a skill; it's an attitude."

Languages: Fluent in English and Danish with some old Norse and Latin.

Driving: He seems to be able to drive anything with an engine and has been seen tinkering with the engines and machinery from time to time.

Weaponry:
Since he was old enough to form a fist, Nik has been trained in a vast arsenal of weapons. He had tried his hand at everything from knives and swords to guns and explosives. He doesn't have a preference as of yet, but he is impatiently waiting for the day his mother allows him to train with Kyūshutsu.

Hunting: Nik has spent as much of his life in the Wilderness as he has in the city and has learned to track, hunt and live in both, regardless of the form he took.

" The greatest weakness of all is the great fear of appearing weak. "

Silver: He is not entirely immune to silver as it can weaken him somewhat; however, the more blood he has in his system, the greater the effect silver has on him to the point he will be ill.

Shapeshifting:
Despite training from a young age, shapeshifting requires a certain concentration level, especially for significantly larger items or animals. The larger animal or person, the shorter the time he will be able to maintain it. He is unable to shift into inanimate objects.

Heartbeat Regulation: Although he can regulate his own heartbeat, he cannot manipulate it indefinitely, and it would return to its slower-than-human rhythm.

" My life is a mystery, but I'm here to create history. "

Technically only five years old, Nikolai's history is short but relatively happy, which is unusual for a Death.

His birth was a closely guarded secret and was initially only told to his mother's inner circle. Growing up, that circle remained small and close-knit. With his identity still kept a secret from most, his mother insisted that he go by the name Nick Colby rather than his family's name Death-Reign-Matashina.

Although an only child, he was reared with his older cousin Mori whom his mother raised. They were both given the same opportunities and rules, and even Mori had to take her human mother's name, so they were brought up more like siblings. They have a healthy level of rivalry between them but are very close, and it's strange to see one without the other, especially in Saint City.

His mother's notoriety means they were rarely seen together outside of their home. So Nik would spend a lot of his time alone in the Wilderness. The Wilderness has become of his favourite places because of its freedom, and it's one of the few places he doesn't have to pretend to be a human.

In the city, Nikolai tries to blend in with the crowds as he has been told not to draw attention to himself. His ability to take any form he chose made this significantly easier. Having recently looked old enough to drive, his mother purchased him and Mori a car and a bike each. Nik prefers his car over the bike, as Mori usually rides shotgun, and they find some trouble together in the form of their other cousin Octavian.

His five years of life have been occupied with studying, secrecy and, most importantly, family. He has yet to be touched by his family's miserable legacy. This is undoubtedly thanks to his mother's efforts to protect him and his cousin, but he's been told his whole life that there is a target on his back. He knows it's only a matter of time before his luck runs out and someone takes the first shot.

Word Count:

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Nikolai Death-Reign-Matashina Empty Re: Nikolai Death-Reign-Matashina

Post by CashanTue 14 Feb 2023 - 13:57

N I K O L A I . D E A T H - R E I G N - M A T A S H I N A
Dhampir || Shapeshifter

Nikolai's Hawk Table

Word Count: